Thursday 10 February 2011

Evaluation

Evaluation
My school magazine has many similarities to others. It contains things such as a title for both of my pages. It also contains an issue number, a list of articles that are featured inside and a colour scheme that is continued in my contents page. Many magazines use two or three colours throughout my magazine which I decided to do in my own. My front cover also has one main image which is shared by many other magazines it including those of the music genre. For my research I looked at the ‘Fusion’ school magazine, I felt had an unusual look to it for a school magazine. It was bold and simple which I felt was effective and I wanted to take some of that into my own school magazine.
I had to use different forms of technology for this task. I used a camera to take my own photos and had to adjust the settings of the camera to get the result which I wanted. I had to adjust things like the zoom and focus of the lense to get the best photographs possible. I used natural light in all of my photographs as I felt it was more effective for my magazine. I used Photoshop to edit my magazine. This allowed me to use more tools than I would have on other software. I used certain tools more than others such as the ‘move tool’ which allowed me to move about my layers to my liking. I used the text tool which allowed me to create my title and other texts on my front cover and contents page. I also drew rectangles which acted as a border to both of my pages and separate the images on my front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment